Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash on hand doesn't include cash collected as Auto-Gratuity

Hello,

We have a problem with our Shift Review.  The 'Cash Activity' and more specifically the 'Cash difference' line item.  We want the Shift Review to calculate the tipout or deposit ('Cash difference') for individuals based on the total amount of cash collected.    Currently, the 'cash on hand' number is what is used to balance against CC tips collected.  'Cash on hand' however; doesn't include any auto-gratuities paid by cash.   I've searched the UI for settings that control 'cash on hand' but can't find what I need.  Anyone know what button to press, slider to activate, or support tech to discuss this with?

auto_grat_3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
17 REPLIES 17

We pay out tips in cash at the end of the shift.  Is there a place I can add a feature request so that the 'cash on hand' has some malleability?

You can post the idea in the Submit Your Feature Request Here thread; our product team often views this thread. 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Cash on Hand - is the amount of cash transactions that aren't assigned to a drawer.  That server can have both 'Cash on Hand' and 'Cash Drawer' aggregating to the the total.  

Ok after some more experience with things.  I'm convinced that the order of operations that the Sales Summary uses to calculate the "cash difference" is:

Total Cash - cash gratuity - credit/non cash gratuity - credit/non cash tips. 

That would make things reconcile the way I would expect.  We have servers that bartenden simultaneously, so the summary can be confusing as their Total cash will be the combination of their 'cash in drawer' and 'cash on hand'.  I've got a different yet related problem going on currently here with the Sales Summary though...

Cash Activity in 'Sales Summary' changed within 24... - Toast Community - 11978 (toasttab.com)

I will escalate this case to care; they might be able to help further! 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast