Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash payment discount

We would like to offer a discount for cash payments.  on vacation recently we saw some POS systems that printed the cash discount at the bottom of the check.  I would guess that if you hit cash when cashing out the discount would be automatically applied.  Has anyone been able to do this on Toast?  If not, how do you send in the suggestion for the next upgrade?

4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately an auto-apply cash discount doesn't exist. Not sure why - would be super useful. We've had to manually apply our cash discount to cash transactions, which is cumbersome. Anyone else have a more elegant solution?

Toast - any plans to incorporate an auto-applied cash discount when the cash payment button is hit?

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! We don't have an option right now that allows this to be automatic; it is a manual process only. I have relayed the feedback to my team about making this more automated. 
If you agree with this, please kudo those posts! It will help us gauge the desire for this feature!  

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

We have multiple resturants and have asked for this over and over again. It fell to deaf ears just like the Toast App we were to get for back end management. 

I recently learned that in my state you can charge a 2% fee for credit cards.  That fee automatically attaches to any ticket, but you have to manually discount for cash.  I too, have asked Toast about this.