Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complicated pricing question

I need some pricing help, please. 

I have a brunch item whose menu pricing I cannot seem to get correct. 

Egg Benedict is available with crab (21), chorizo (16), bacon (15), short rib (19) or... pick any of those three for 23.

Currently I have the benedict with a protein modifier group. The base benedict price is 15 and adding one of the other meats increases the price accordingly. 

I originally had "pick 3" as a protein option, and have the protein option group set to allow up to 3 choices, but I can't accommodate the various math outcomes for the pick 3.

Can anyone lend some advice, please? I'm very very stuck on this topic.

Thanks! Patience

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think the only way you can do this is using a nested modifier, but in previous posts you had a question about 3rd party ordering, and nested modifiers don't always work with some of them, so may not be an option for you. But if it is just in house or toast online ordering then that would probably be the best bet. I would just create the protein modifiers as you have them as well as the pick 3 but with only one selection allowed on that group, then on the pick 3 modifier attach another modifier group named pick 3 options or something (can't use the same modifier group or you will create a loop) with the protein selections and a choice of 3. ( you could use the existing modifiers from the protein group though to make 86ing a little easier) 

mods.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I think the only way you can do this is using a nested modifier, but in previous posts you had a question about 3rd party ordering, and nested modifiers don't always work with some of them, so may not be an option for you. But if it is just in house or toast online ordering then that would probably be the best bet. I would just create the protein modifiers as you have them as well as the pick 3 but with only one selection allowed on that group, then on the pick 3 modifier attach another modifier group named pick 3 options or something (can't use the same modifier group or you will create a loop) with the protein selections and a choice of 3. ( you could use the existing modifiers from the protein group though to make 86ing a little easier) 

mods.png

there’s a few ways to go about this using more complex pricing strategies I would be happy to walk you through it but I need to see the details and still have a few questions 

@rcmckhas the perfect answer to your question. Just be very careful with nested modifiers. Toast Takeout App and Kiosk will not display your menu options correctly when you go more than 2 layers of modifiers. The other workaround to your problem is to create a new item, let's say, "BYO-Benedict" (Build your own-Benedict) and set the item price to $23 and no additional charge to the modifiers under this item.