Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Tickets

MickH
Soup II

We run up to 5 inhouse delivery drivers, in an area with no GrubHub/DoorDash etc. And we have tried a couple of different options to have tickets auto print at the delivery station so drivers are able to organize and assign them.  The first option resulted in all Delivery/Take-out tickets printing which meant tons of waisted paper and the new way only delivery tickets print, but the tickets are kitchen tickets and included customer name and address, but no special delivery instructions if there are any on the ticket, which means the drivers must still print a receipt for each order to see if there are any instructions.  Has anyone found a better solution or do drivers need to just manually print a copy of each receipt? 

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Rob,

I did adjust a couple of the setting in there.  It was already set to Override - always print delivery.  It also does not seem like there is a way to set the printer for these to send to if the printer is set to Print on demand only.  I did a sample, and it printed a receipt at the terminal I used to put the order in, not the delivery terminal for the drivers.  I am also not sure where/if the receipt would print for on-line orders.   But, thanks for your suggestions, I will continue to try to work on this.  I will monitor it for the next few hours to see how it works.

Hi Guys,  thanks for the information, I think the issue we are having is a result of doing delivery and take-out in different areas of the kitchen.  We do take out from a KDS and use the kitchen tickets to stay with the items, and do delivery out of the back of the kitchen.  So when we have it set to auto print receipts it does both take out and delivery, and the only way to do delivery only is a complex set up the gets a kitchen ticket for all deliveries to print, but it doesn't have any delivery instructions.  So the way the system is set up, with take-out and delivery linked for this purpose, there may not be a direct solution to the issue we are having. 

That actually might be your solution, If you have separate areas I assume your other KDS is only displaying delivery tickets? You could set that KDS printer to whatever printer you want the delivery tickets to go to, and turn on auto print on fulfill in device setup, choose takeout delivery receipt, then you will get the exact same receipt but it will only be printing the tickets from the KDS which I assume are filtered for Delivery only.