cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did recent Toast update cause APK link to no longer work on Android devices?

Erin
Salad I

I installed the new Toast Update yesterday (9/21/23), and was able to use the app no problem all day. But when I went to open the ToastPOS app today on my Android device (Samsung phone), the entire Toast POS app has disappeared. When I tried reinstalling via the APK link (toasttab.com/link/apk), it gives me this error:

Screenshot_20230922-172800_Package installer.jpg

Does this mean we can no longer access the POS from our off-site Android phones? Was this intentional? 

~Erin

16 REPLIES 16

Do you use the secure folder feature of your phone? 

No, I've never had to in the past. What would that do? 

Ok, just wondering because it's possible to have downloaded the apk to the secure folder initially (when you installed it last) and if you installed it from an apk downloaded in the secure folder the app would also be installed in that folder. Just trying to think of what could cause this issue, it definitely works on my phone, just installed that version yesterday. Do you remember what version worked last, also curious what the exact model of the phone is. 

So this is interesting... I restarted my phone, tried the downloaded APK link again, and the download worked this time. However, it doesn't seem the most recent update installed b/c I am now showing the old Toast POS UI, and the version on the login screen says ToastPOS 2.67  (not 2.67.10).  Not sure how that's possible, shouldn't the APK link update to the most recent version of the app at all times? 

The displayed version hasn't included the build number on screen for a little while now, if you touch the version number it will show the full version. As far as the new ui it is possible your phone and android version doesn't support it. Did the new UI work previously on the phone?

Screenshot_20230922-233259.png