cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did recent Toast update cause APK link to no longer work on Android devices?

Erin
Salad I

I installed the new Toast Update yesterday (9/21/23), and was able to use the app no problem all day. But when I went to open the ToastPOS app today on my Android device (Samsung phone), the entire Toast POS app has disappeared. When I tried reinstalling via the APK link (toasttab.com/link/apk), it gives me this error:

Screenshot_20230922-172800_Package installer.jpg

Does this mean we can no longer access the POS from our off-site Android phones? Was this intentional? 

~Erin

16 REPLIES 16

Interesting...seems like updating the visible version name would be a pretty important detail after an update. But you are right, mine also says "2.67 Build 10" after tapping on it (thanks for the suggestion to check). However, the UI did not update automatically to the new version like it did when I first installed the original update yesterday.  I am still showing the old UI.  The 3 dots -> "Enable new POS Experience" option exists, but I don't want to risk the app disappearing again, so not going to test that right now (have bigger fish to fry with a botched DoorDash integration unfortunately). 

Yes, the new UI did work on my phone immediately after I downloaded at 7am on 9/21, at least for an hour or so. Not sure what time my ToastPOS app disappeared as I did not access it the rest of the day. 

This is interesting, 2 weeks later, the ToastPOS app has once again disappeared from my phone (not sure for how long as I haven't logged in since I first posted this). 

Did restarting fix it again? 

Yeah, a couple restarts, a couple deleting and redownloading the apk download file, reinstalling a couple of times.  Disappeared again a couple of times yesterday. Looked again just now and it's gone again. 

I recently installed Toast app on an Android phone and haven't had a problem. It may sound weird, but is it possible you activate some kind of security feature that will restore your device to previous backup?