cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did recent Toast update cause APK link to no longer work on Android devices?

Erin
Salad I

I installed the new Toast Update yesterday (9/21/23), and was able to use the app no problem all day. But when I went to open the ToastPOS app today on my Android device (Samsung phone), the entire Toast POS app has disappeared. When I tried reinstalling via the APK link (toasttab.com/link/apk), it gives me this error:

Screenshot_20230922-172800_Package installer.jpg

Does this mean we can no longer access the POS from our off-site Android phones? Was this intentional? 

~Erin

16 REPLIES 16

Yeah I am also thinking it is something phone related, I don't use Samsung phones but there may be some security feature that is removing the app since it is sideloaded. 100% sure it's not related to the app itself, I have it on several android devices and virtual machines with no issues. 

Now the toasttab.com/link/apk  doesn't allow me to re-download the app on my phone at all. And ToastPOS app disappeared from the Gennymotion simulator solution I was using previously. Man, would life be better if I could access my POS app from my office  since I'm an hour away and cannot just 'swing by' every time I need to check or test something.