cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount Applies to All Items - But Marked to NOT Discount?

Kelly
Soup II

I have certain food and drink items that are set to be eligible for discounting. Other items that are NOT eligible for discount and the category and item are set to NOT discount.... but they do if the staff member selects discount.  Has anyone else run into this issue and have any suggestions? Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

I would suggest you look into your discounts and make sure your discounts excludes the categories/items you do not want discount applied to. Check level discount will ignore items marked "not eligible for discount" because discount is applied to entire check.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kelly, Thanks for reaching out! Even though your items are set to disable discounts, employees still able to apply one? Are these discount properties set from the Menu or the Item?

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

I would suggest you look into your discounts and make sure your discounts excludes the categories/items you do not want discount applied to. Check level discount will ignore items marked "not eligible for discount" because discount is applied to entire check.

Kelly
Soup II

@au79teahouse You nailed it!  The Discounts did not have anything excluded.  Thank you!!!

@Rob  I had set both the items and the sub-menu to "not inherit" and then "no" on discounting. 

I appreciate your quick response!