cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Check Prompt - Alcoholic Beverages

Sdaniel
Community Ambassador

Hi all!

I'd like to create a prompt for when an alcoholic beverage is ordered, there's some sort of prompt for servers to remember to check the ID. I tried setting it up with the current prompt notification feature, however, that feature is not necessarily meant for this. 

I also wondering if anyone is using the WESCANID integration? It's a bummer that the integration doesn't work on Toast Go's. 

Thank you.  

Sayra Daniel, Community Ambassador
Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 16-15-49 Use the WE SCAN ID Integration.png

It appears that WeScanID is compatible with Toast Go. But it's better to confirm with Toast Hardware.

View solution in original post

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

I reached out to Toast Hardware and I can confirm the list of compatible hardware above is current and correct!

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You can simply add a "required" modifier group called "Check ID" with one modifier called something like "ID is checked". So servers will need to click that modifier to add alcoholic beverages to an order.

Sdaniel
Community Ambassador

Hey! Thanks so much! I have something set up similar to this for our Order & Pay menu to ensure guests know they will be carded. I have it set up as optional for now, but I may just need to make it required so that it can be used by servers as well and not just Order & Pay. 

Sayra Daniel, Community Ambassador
Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 16-15-49 Use the WE SCAN ID Integration.png

It appears that WeScanID is compatible with Toast Go. But it's better to confirm with Toast Hardware.

They should just expand the existing alcohol labeling for delivery to also work for order and pay or prompt servers.

https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/alcohol-labeling

https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Toast-Delivery-Services-Alcohol-Delivery