Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Issues with Epson TM-L90 Label Printer

Burger Label Issues 6.3.23.jpegHello!

We just converted from Squirrel to Toast this year. We are a high volume seasonal burger restaurant, and we have been using label printers for years for our Burgers which we then dress and wrap in paper, which the label is placed on.

We have been having major printing issues with the Epson TM-L90 Label Printer, and have now tried 3 of the printers in the last 2 months, we had a new Cat5e Cable run and new jack installed, and can't seem to get any resolution from any of our Toast Reps. We have tried our Sales Rep, Onboarding Consultant, Customer Care, Hardware, Expert Team, and now are being told our case is with the Engineering Team.

Has anyone on here experienced printing issues with the Epson TM-L90's? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

The labels are not printing the entire menu items/toppings, splicing tickets together, printing weird characters at times, sometimes there are printing delays, and duplicate labels. I'm attaching a photo from yesterday. We were also told we couldn't get the Check # or Server # printed on the labels (which was not a problem for Squirrel mind you). Having that info would help our Tray Setter/Expeditor find the orders on the expo screen to then be hand written for the instances when there are printing issues. We have 7 Terminals, 6 Handhelds, and have not opened our Online Ordering or in-house Kiosk options due to these printing issues, which is super frustrating.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

My guess would be 1) connectivity issue and 2) too many orders are sent into simultaneously. However, I am no expert on this. I don't wan to give false or misleading information. We just start to use TM-L90 recently. We maybe only had one or two times which labels were misprinted so far. Perhaps check how your TM-L90 is wired. Make sure to connect your TM-L90 to a switch that your terminals are attached to, instead of a Toast printer.

we had a new Cat-5 cable run and went directly into the switch instead of our patch panel. Still having issues. To me its a cache / hardware issue but can't get a solid response from Toast. They are playing pass the buck to each department. All giving us the palm up shoulder shrug...So we are trying to fix on our own but we have done everything except replace the network switch...

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

I would suggest you ask them to transfer your call to a supervisor/expert. Supervisors/experts are usually much more helpful than tier 1 support. They will actually listen to your problem, troubleshoot, explain possible causes and offer solutions on most of technical problems instead of reading articles you can find in Toast Central.

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback! We hope to find a solution soon!

Good luck! If you do find a solution, please update me here. I'd like to know the cause and how to fix the problem! Thank you in advance!