Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make header margin bigger on receipt

I'm looking for a way to make the header margin larger on receipts, so that when our staff prints to-go and delivery receipts and puts them in the rail, the rail does not cover up the large order number at the top of the receipt.

Toast Support states that there is no way to do this in the printer settings anymore.  It used to be possible, but for whatever reason, Toast deemed the ability to adjust top margins unnecessary and removed the ability to adjust the setting.

I grilled the support person to be sure that there wasn't some super secret way they could do it, even with a setting within the Toast Printer (like Epson's settings menus), and was told no, there is absolutely no way to change a margin on a receipt.

If anyone has any information that would help me, I would appreciate it.  I have asked for a feature request, but won't hold my breath.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

I don't recall there every being a header or footer size on guest receipts, just kitchen tickets. Are they printing from a KDS or from the check screen? 

Thanks for the info.  I'm pretty sure they are printing from the check screen.  Our drivers have a dedicated terminal for dispatching and checking in, so they print from it.  We have a delivery KDS, but while it's in the best spot we could allocate, it's not in the optimal spot for organizing those orders.