Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple bartenders with tabs

We have a bar with multiple bartenders who open tabs for customers. Later those customers will order drinks from other bartenders to add to their tab. How do others handle that? Is there a way for bartenders to view other tabs (open tickets) from other bartenders without have to see all the open orders from the servers? I other pos systems I have been able to do this but cannot figure it out in Toast. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is no way for bartenders to see other orders without allowing them access to everyone's orders. You would need to either have all the bartenders use one universal code or give them access to view all orders. I have also attached the Permissions Reference Guide for your review.

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

I don't think that's what it is designed for but would using groups be a possible solution? Never have used it but doesn't it keep devices from syncing with others and would keep other orders from being on them? 

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

hmm... That's an interesting idea, and it might work; you need permission to view and edit orders. Then set up the device groups, but that should work! @TheBootGrill, if you try this out and it works, let me know!

I contacted our internal teams, and they said we are working on new filtering in the payment terminal experience that should help with this. If you send me a Dm with your email and restaurant address, I can relay this info if you want to test this new experience! 

Device Groups

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast