cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Orders & Third-Party Orders Not Printing

Sdaniel
Community Ambassador

Hi!

Online orders and third-party orders are not printing in the kitchen; however, they do appear on the KDS. All the settings are accurate. We are using the recommended auto firing device. This issue started happening on a Sunday and since then, we have not been able to reach a resolution. I have spoken with Toast customer care and unfortunately nothing came of that. 

Any idea as to what could be causing this? 

Sayra Daniel, Community Ambassador
Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii
12 REPLIES 12

Just want to confirm, online ordering tickets are still printing out from your backup printer, yes?

Yes, that is correct, the tickets are still printing to our backup printer. 

Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii

I understand that you do not have any configured under item routing. Maybe try to add a new rule that will reroute online orders from your backup printer to kitchen printer. Perhaps that will override anything that prevents online orders from being sent to correct printer.

So tickets are printing to the kitchen as they should in house? Can you try putting the KDS that is the autofire device (Dine in_KDS) into quick order mode and sending an order and see if it prints as it should. KDS will show orders as long as it has an internet connection, but there could be some network issue preventing the printing. Also do you see anything under the print queue in device status? 

That is correct, orders placed in house whether it be for dine in or carryout are printing in the kitchen. My thought was that there could be network issues, however when speaking with Toast's network team, there was no resolution that came of it. 

Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii