Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenTable Credit Card Transactions

Hello,

We have implemented a system for large parties that must enter into an agreement that they will incur a no-show fee if they do not call and adjust or cancel their reservation. We use OpenTable as our reservation system; they have a feature that allows us to input guest credit card information and process a payment directly through OpenTable. OpenTable uses Stripe as their credit card processing platform. How does that integrate and communicate with Toast and how it gets categorized when it comes through Toast? We would like to categorize the no-show fee as a gratuity.

OpenTable could not answer this question for me, and suggested I ask Toast. 

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

I don't use open table or the integration but I would say pretty positively that there is no way any payment information from open table is going to sync with toast in any way, that would just stay in open table. 

adamj
Community Ambassador

I'm afraid the OpenTable and Stripe platforms do not integrate, at least not in the way you're suggesting. We have not been able to find a way to connect the two systems, despite our efforts.

The only workaround we've found is a manual one, which involves creating a journal entry to record the necessary information. It's not the most efficient solution, but it's the best we've been able to come up with.