Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales categories

mac
Soup I

For some reason we have no sales categories assigned to our items in toast.   I wasn't involved when we transitioned to toast and our current manager thinks there was a reason for this setup.  Maybe due to our unique setup... we are half convenience store, half restaurant etc..  and i recall several issues with what did and didn't print to the kitchen printers etc...  This has always been an issue for me and have to basically look at all my sales numbers through menu and menu groupings.  I want to start adding these categories in specifically because of an integration we are using.  Can anyone think of a reason these weren't set or anything that this would "throw off" operationally?

1 REPLY 1

Sales categories wouldn't affect printing, maybe someone accidentally messed up print routing while adding sales categories. Just create the sales categories you want if you haven't already, then with advanced properties assign them however you want by checking sales categories under show/hide. They are inherited from the root menu so you could quickly assign a category to say a food menu and everything in it will get that category.