Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS Scheduled Delivery Times

MariaM
Soup III

When a customer places an order through TDS online, the time they choose to have it delivered is actually the pick up time at the restaurant, and not actually the desired delivery time for the order.  Does this make sense to anyone??  How do you let a customer know to choose an earlier time based on this information?  We are getting a lot a complaints about late deliveries due to this.IMG_2923.jpg I'm attaching a picture to show what it looks like when a customer orders.  How in the world would a customer know this is the Dasher pick-up time, and not the expected delivery time??

8 REPLIES 8

So in Toast' article about TDS, it does state that the time shown would be picked up time not delivery time.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 17-53-57 Toast Delivery Services Online and Phone Order Workflow(1).png

link to the article: https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Toast-Delivery-Services-Online-and-Phone-Order-Workflow

You could add a "Spotlight Feature" which allows you to add a banner message and a brief message of Max 512 characters on your online ordering page to inform your guests about it.

Yes, I am aware of that.  What I'm asking is how would a customer know when they choose a delivery time, that it's the time the Dasher arrives at our store, not the time that they would like it delivered by.  If I were a customer and saw the message above that said "Scheduled Delivery  Tomorrow at 11:00am"  I would think that is the time it would be delivered.  How is the customer supposed to know what time they want the Dasher to arrive at our store  to pick up their order??

I agree with you. If I was a customer, I would think the same way. I am not very familiar with TDS. The temporary solution I can think of to help out with your problem would be adding a "banner message" on your ordering page to inform your guest about the expected delivery time (something like "if you wish your order to be delivered at 11:00 am, schedule your order for delivery at 10:45 am" . I would also add the same message under "Guest Communication" for delivery just to make sure guests will see the message.  Hope someone with better knowledge on TDS would be able to shed some light on this problem!😅

Thank you!  I appreciate the feedback. I will look into some of your suggestions.