Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS Scheduled Delivery Times

MariaM
Soup III

When a customer places an order through TDS online, the time they choose to have it delivered is actually the pick up time at the restaurant, and not actually the desired delivery time for the order.  Does this make sense to anyone??  How do you let a customer know to choose an earlier time based on this information?  We are getting a lot a complaints about late deliveries due to this.IMG_2923.jpg I'm attaching a picture to show what it looks like when a customer orders.  How in the world would a customer know this is the Dasher pick-up time, and not the expected delivery time??

8 REPLIES 8

FYI,  I go into "Guest Communication" to update the message, and there is 150 character limit.  So I have to try to explain this in 2 sentences.  Ugh.

I can understand your frustration. make sure you also check out the “spotlight” feature which allows a longer message. And it shows up right on the top of your ordering page. Those are the things can be done at the moment until Toast fixes the problem. 😞

Yea this ux design flaw is frustrating, but it actually does correct itself. However,  then its up to the customer to 1) be observant that it's changed and 2) understand it's a system flaw and not blame us for that.  We aren't always so lucky. The problem corrects itself when they go to checkout. If our customers choose a delivery time of 11:30am, when  they go to their cart to checkout, the Dasher time adds on and their delivery time changes to 12:00pm. They also get 12pm on their confirmation. 

I've been trying to get Toast to fix this for so long. It's such an obvious and major issue and I'm surprised nothing has been done about it yet. I spoke to Doordash and they mentioned that Toast needs to send the order as "delivery time" as opposed to "pick up time." You'd think it'd be an easy fix but I guess not. It's in the hands of the programmers and integrations team.

I usually call Doordash and change the pick up time for larger catering orders since those are a little more time sensitive.  I think having the banner would work but then I'd have to confirm if the customer saw the message or not before changing the time with Doordash. =\