Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tip Manager & Future updates

Is there anywhere we can specifically give suggestions for future updates to Tip Manager and the system in general?  

I'll start by listing them here:

It would be great to see a way to split tips by whole pay period.  We see discrepancies for our Prep cooks who work hard getting us ready for the day before any sales start!  We have been in business for a long time and to even out this disparity we split our tips for the BOH by the entire week.

Our staff would like to give people extra cash when they help out, but tip manager doesn't allow them to choose to give any portion of their credit cards to other people.  It would be great if they could make that choice somewhere in their shift review. 

Regarding reporting:

• we would love to see a product mix and be able to filter certain sales categories ( food only, liquor only, etc)
  • see product mix with sales data by employee (who sells the most specials!)
  • Discount report with more detail so we can see what items were discounted, why, and who did it. Would love to be able to see this as an overall view for the week rather than clicking through each discount.

LOTS OF IDEAS about the KDS.  

• We seat over 200 people and many times when we have large parties and a full building, people are ordering food at different times, separately.  Our KDS screen can fill up quickly and get several pages long and All day mode is great and all, but having the ability to select certain tickets and see all day for those particular tickets would be great.  We see an issue that all day keeps updating.  And if you are trying to work on tickets in the middle of all the others your numbers for all day are including those you have already fired and are plating and those that have come just now.  

Maybe some of these things already exist and I just haven't had enough time to figure it out.  Does anyone know of a place that I should be suggesting ideas for future development?

THANKS

2 REPLIES 2

Nikhil
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Misu,

Thanks for all the feedback and thoughts on the Tip Manager and KDS! I'll be happy to pass this along to our product team, but I have a couple questions. Can you explain your thoughts on the KDS idea a bit more? What would make the KDS easier for you to sort through during a busy day?

Agreed on the P-Mix reports. I also think it would be great to be able to click into a P-Mix category report right from the sales summary, where they show each category but they are not clickable. Heartland Restaurant does this and it is super useful.