Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest Receipt Data Missing

YB
Soup II

It seems that after one of the recent updates, my guest receipts accessed through the back end no longer show me (corporate finance) basic information such as the server name, the table number, the tab name, the last 4 numbers of the credit card used, and/or house account name/number.  After an interminable amount of time and three escalations with support, I was finally told that this was intended functionality.  I can see this information if I click on the order number, but if the goal is to e-mail or print a receipt, that information is not included.  Has anyone else had this situation, or figured out a way to have this show?  This is slowing me down tremendously as well as my event/private dining team.  Thanks in advance!

Also, I have to ask why this is intended.  In what universe is the table number or server name something that needs to be protected?  Also, it's my data.  If anything, this should be something that I should CHOOSE to hide, not have forced on me.

6 REPLIES 6

**I may not be correct on this**. Toast may need to stay compliant with state and federal regulations on data privacy protection. Even though operators own the information, Toast may still face potential lawsuits if they are not compliant with the regulations just because Toast provides the service/software to process such information.

I remember getting a pop-up notice about the removal of PII from digital receipts, it is still visible if you choose show receipt rather than open in new tab, it also is fully visible when emailed, but not when sent via SMS.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 100410.png

The problem I'm having is that this information *doesn't* show when I print it (or when I open it on a new tab to print that page).  Also, how is the table number PII?  How is the server name PII? Toast is PCI compliant by masking most of the credit card number.  Virtually all merchants will show the last four numbers.  More likely than not, the Toast people just came up with an idea in a meeting, and didn't actually consult with anyone that works in the upper office function. It seems that almost all "features" are done this way.

I don't think it's PCI related, the issue is every digital receipt link is a public facing website , when you open in a new tab or text it, that is a public link to the receipt. I don't know why they chose to remove some additional details like table number, but I would disagree that it is ok to display the last four digits, a lot could be done with just those four digits and a couple other bits of PII. (https://medium.com/@N/how-i-lost-my-50-000-twitter-username-24eb09e026dd Personally welcome the removal of this information, but I am not printing regularly like you are. It's not as convenient but you can still email them to yourself and print the email.