Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Ordering Special Resquests

SSM
Soup III

We have the special request field "ON" for our Online Orders.  I have just discovered that customers our typing in ALL sorts of additions and upgrades to their meal and our kitchen staff is preparing the additions and upgrades.  I am removing the special requests fields for now because It is confusing for staff.  How is everyone else handling this.  The banner message is NOT very eye catching and in fact, does not even show up when ordering through Google.  I would love feedback or suggestions.   

7 REPLIES 7

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @SSM I've noticed that some places have added popular requests by including them as modifiers on their menu. This allows customers to add options for an additional fee.

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

I was hoping a better solution would be that TOAST could program the "special requests" to stand out in a different manner on the kitchen copies.  OR  Also, I am hoping for a suggestion on how to easily create a message that can be assigned to every food item that lets the customer know that we will charge for all additions or upgrades.

Thanks for explaining this. I have passed on your feedback to my team!

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

First I try to have modifiers where they are needed but you can't have everything someone will ask for, In the special request message text I mention that some requests may be charged extra and staff will charge the customers accordingly if they see a special request that requires a charge.