Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS functions

Hi! We found an employee (server) had changed the job permissions using a manager's number. We also found the same server edited multiple menu items, changed the service charge percentage and other items they didn't have authority to do.

My question is - Can any of these functions be executed from the POS using the manage number? Or would they have used a user/password to log into the back end?

Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately if the manager has those permissions they can access it from the POS under other setup with just their pin, I don't know of a away to disable that other than removing the web setup permissions from the manager, or make it more secure by disabling the pin code for manager and registering swipe cards instead.

Thank you! I am trying to figure out how these edits were accessed. I appreciate your reply. 

adamj
Community Ambassador

Hi there,

Permissions can only be changed on the back-end web page under the jobs and permissions settings, so it’s unlikely these changes were made directly from the POS using just a manager's number. I’d recommend switching to key cards instead of PINs for added security, as it sounds like someone may be memorizing manager numbers. An added benefit is that you can also run a manager "swipe" report to track who’s accessing what.

Hope that helps!