Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning to Table Service for Bar device

• Hi-

in other systems I have worked with the properties of a bar terminal would return to their main screen as opposed to going to the sign in screen - so in effect you wouldn’t have to constantly sign back in- any one have ideas for a solution- I set the screen to time out for 2 hours but that is not what I am looking for - thanks much appreciated !

4 REPLIES 4

I thought there was an override in Device Setup or a Job priviledge that allows an override, but didn't see either.  This is a really good real-world feature that has existed in legacy POS for years.  I'd advocate for this feature.

Are you saying you want the option to be device specific? Currently the option to go back to default mode or passcode screen is for all devices or none at all. 

passcode.png

Thanks - I’m putting in a good word to the programming gods!

I wasn’t the original requestor on this, but there are a variety of ways this could be triggered.  Certainly, having an override (similar to Default Device Dining Option) would do the trick.  But this may be better served as a job privilege where the bartender job would have “override sign out”, or something of the sort enabled. 

Something else to consider would be what happens to a manager.  Use case: location is set up a fast casual where the operator does NOT sign out after every transaction.  If the manager performs a Switch User, signs in and performs a function, the system should recognize that and override the setting to sign the manager out.  This will prevent a careless manage from staying signed in after leaving the terminal.