Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party ordering

Hello,

I am trying to work with a local Brew Pub and do there food for them.  I would like to offer a limited menu, and the prices would be a little different that my listed prices to cover delivery cost.  Noone from toast has been able to tell me if this is possible to do, while still doing my normal online ordering as well as Doordash.  Anyone have any suggestions for me.

5 REPLIES 5

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

If you have 3PD integration, you can build menus specifically for third party ordering by making these menus only visible to "Online orders: Ordering partners". While you create new menu for 3PD, you can use your current items and set them with different prices depending on the menus. So you don't have to waste time on creating/duplicating new items. After a new menu for 3PD is created, remember to contact doordash and other platform to pull and update the correct menu.

Thank you for the advice.  My concern is that I would like to have one menu for Door Dash and one for this Brew Pub.  Is that possible?  I will start messing around in there to find out.

In that case, it is not possible to achieve the result you want. The possible work around is to contact Doordash and ask them to pull menu with specific menu name. For example, you have menus called “Doordash” and “BrewPub”. Ask Doordash to pull the menu with the name “Doordash” only. The way it works is 3PD platforms will pull whatever menus that’s made visible to them. Doordash and UberEats might be able to pull the specific menu you ask them to but I have never confirmed if it is possible to be done personally. I’m not familiar with BrewPub.

You can have the 3PD pull from a different menu than what your restaurant uses. This picture illustrates how this can be done. More info can be found at the link I sent in the other message.

If you want different 3PD platforms to all pull different menus,  that could get challenging and you would need to reach out to the 3rd party to see if they could pull from only a specific menu.

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast