Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty Redemption: Modifiers included?

Hey Toast Community ~

My business just onboarded with the Toast Loyalty module and have noticed a loophole when customer's redeem rewards through our Loyalty Program.

Our Loyalty Program is currently set to Free Item redemption, and we noticed upon choosing specific items to been able to be redeemed, it shows that All/Any "Sizes, Modifiers, etc." are also able to be redeemed; without any way of disabling it on our end. We thought that by enabling the "Yes" option under the "Exclude from Loyalty?" tab on each modifier item, that the issue would be solved - but it looks like that does nothing to exclude them from the redemption of the reward.

After testing through our Toast Online Ordering platform, customers can essentially add on endless extra toppings - sometimes doubling or tripling the price of the base item that is the reward! That's insane!

Does anyone have any insight or experience with this? I have an open case with an escalated support team who let me know that this falls on the Payments Team (rather than the Loyalty Team) - but the answer it taking quite long to get (48+ hours so far).

Any information would be most helpful! Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3

I believe the exclusions are just for dollar based rewards, you control the item based rewards by selecting the items you want to offer. I would offer something that doesn't have a lot of upcharge modifiers or create an item specifically for rewards with no modifiers attached. 

exclusion does not work for modifiers. If a parent item is set to be eligible for discount, its children item (modifiers) will get discounted if a discount is applied.

I would just said a limit on how many modifiers could be added onto the order.