Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meal Deal Packages

I own a pizzeria, and we have a very extensive toppings menu. We want to run special deals at a discounted rate, such as two pizzas, a large salad and a 2-liter for a certain discounted price. I'm having trouble figuring out how to add this specialty "group" of items in where all 4 items have to be selected before you can proceed with the purchase. In my attempts, I was able to get the pricing set, but you could pick or choose 1, 2, 3 or all 4 before purchase. What am I missing?

7 REPLIES 7

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @mythicalpizzawv I believe a combo discount would work. You just need to ensure that the selected items match the correct numbers.

Get Started with Combo Discounts

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

We've tried that with very mixed results. Here's the problem with doing it that way as a combo .. Let's say we do a combo of (2) pizzas, (1) salad and (1) 2-liter for $30. If we set the combo side up, it works as an automatic discount once all 4 items are added the cart and it generally comes off as a cost for one of the items. 

The problem is that once the discount shows, it stays regardless if the delete items. So if they show the salad is now $0, and they delete one of the pizzas, then we're still left with a $0 salad. That's an issue........

Additionally, it's not as easy as that for customers, especially elderly ones. It would be easier if they had a Menu option of a "Holiday Special" and then were able to choose their first pizza with toppings, second pizza with toppings, salad with options and drink option, with each item "forced" to select before it'll show in the cart.

Can you share more on how you had it set up? Are the choices modifiers of a menu item, or is it 4 individual menu items?

I've tried several approaches to the same issue. It's 4 individual menu items with each item requiring modifiers (e.g. the menu item of "Pizza" would have modifiers for sauce, cheese, meat, vegetables, etc.). 

The goal would be for a guest to select the "Special" and then choose their first pizza, the second pizza, the salad and the drink they want, and the POS would factor their discounted price, plus premium addons, without any additional interactions.