Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Processing Fee ALERT

Have you noticed the 99 cent online order processing fee that TOAST is now levying on all your online orders?  I don't need to hear the wonderful reasons why it's a good thing for my business. My customers will assume we are benefiting from this tax and another thing to explain to customers why we're barely making it......What do you think?

4 REPLIES 4

Hey Community Person Rob, You have hijacked my receipt and added your own explanation of the order processing fee which does not represent my restaurant's view. Who gives you that right????? Please take off the note on receipts. That is appalling!!!!

*The Order Processing fee is set by Toast to help provide affordable digital ordering services for local restaurants.

Hi, @lkay4565, thanks for reaching out. I have not changed anything in your establishment, I apologize for the confusion.

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Hi Rob.  I don't think you understood what Ikay was saying.  "Toast" has hijacked our systems and is charging our customers a fee against our will.  It really is appalling and unethical.  WE (restaurant owners) are your customers. Charge US more and we can pass it on to the customer if we have to. At least our customers will see REAL prices and not be hit with a service charge at the end of their order that they think WE are charging.  Please see previous strings where it was articulated very well as to what we are ALL feeling.  You are in an impossible job to defend this. Trying to put the positive spin on it insults us even more though.

I think it is an easy way for the C-suite to compensate for the fact they they cannot run a profitable business. OUR guests should not be subsidizing your inefficiencies. I will now be taking the calls from other  POS providers that I once ignored, will be researching alternatives and will also be looking at ways to offer a cash discount.  I used to sing the praises of Toast. This is a blatant Hail Mary made by executives . The most infuriating aspect is I now have to pay taxes on a “sale” that was never made by my establishment. That is .0825 which adds up. I do t believe the data on the 13% and I am sure there were plenty of factors that led to increases.