Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjustments after Batching

I had a server who accidentally closed out her check at 8:30PM and had entered $0 in as the tip. The check was "Closed." We batched for the evening and on server check-out she realized she had entered the tip incorrectly. The payment was "Captured" due to the batch. I have tried to go back into "find check & issue refund," however I am not given the option to void or adjust the processed payment. Toast has an article on their webpage detailing how this is possible. According to their customer service line, this feature is no longer available and "there is nothing they can do." Has anyone had this same issue and found a solution? 

2 REPLIES 2

josh212
Community Ambassador

@SWeinickCHS Depending on who toast set to process your paymentws, whether it be world-pay or Chase payment-tech this will differ. Chase is no longer allowing re-keys and manual adjustments, if you call up support and ask for the money team after selecting option 4 they should be ale to fill out an adjustment claim form in which you will be credited that amount. I also reccomend not batching and just let the autobatch run at 4am, it will be easier for accounting because you will only have one batch a day and you will never have to worrhy about checks, unless it was the following day