Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Change Delivery Address in Customer Info

Does anyone know if there's any updates with this problem of not being able to change a customer's delivery address in the customer information. Some customers have multiple addresses that they request delivery to, or some customers move addresses. Once you put in 1 address under a customer's phone number, I am not able to change it no matter what I try. It loads as if it successfully changed (meaning no error messages pop up, etc.), but then it still shows the same address on the order. Any insight or information is appreciated

1 REPLY 1

josh212
Community Ambassador

OK the way guest profiles are and order objects are very complex when in comes to delivery

Delivery orders have two get profile objects on them "Delivery Customer" & "billing Customer"

Guest Profiles in toast use "email": - as the unique identifier when it comes to creating a profile 

So in order to create a full profile you must first start with "email"  as oposed to phone number  (which is why you always see new customer, until an email id is added..

Now 1 guest profile can have any number of addresses (home, work, dance class, etc.), however each address must have a phone number as it believes every address has a phone number (landline days). SO 1 guest can only have 1 email but can have multiple phone numbers as long as they are all associated with a different address. Now this is for the delivery customer then you have the billing customer that also pops up after. You must update both and then hit send if you want this to change. However, if the order is paid already you cannot update the billing customer as the payment object is associated with billing customer and would require you to void the payment. 

Shoot me a DM I can walk you through it a little better and answer all your questions