Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash on hand doesn't include cash collected as Auto-Gratuity

Hello,

We have a problem with our Shift Review.  The 'Cash Activity' and more specifically the 'Cash difference' line item.  We want the Shift Review to calculate the tipout or deposit ('Cash difference') for individuals based on the total amount of cash collected.    Currently, the 'cash on hand' number is what is used to balance against CC tips collected.  'Cash on hand' however; doesn't include any auto-gratuities paid by cash.   I've searched the UI for settings that control 'cash on hand' but can't find what I need.  Anyone know what button to press, slider to activate, or support tech to discuss this with?

auto_grat_3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
17 REPLIES 17

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, thanks for the question; I think you need to adjust the gratuity so it goes to the employee rather than the restaurant, and then it will be added to the shift review.  

Get Help With Cash Drawer and Shift Review
Get Started with Service Charges and Mandatory Gratuity

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Hi Rob,

Thanks for responding so quickly.  The 20% Large Party Auto-Gratuity we created is assigned to 'owner of the check' We are still scratching our heads as to why this service fee isn't consider 'cash on hand'.  Is there a setting that can alter the 'Cash difference' line?

service_charges_details.png

I'm not an expert on this subject. But based on the information provided, "cash on hand" tells you the sum of orders paid with cash not including tips/gratuity. In other words that's how much should be turned in to restaurant before any tips/gratuity deduction.

"Cash on Hand" is also the calculation used for the 'Cash difference'.  That's the problem - because the server was given a total of $244.30, not $207.90.