Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash on hand doesn't include cash collected as Auto-Gratuity

Hello,

We have a problem with our Shift Review.  The 'Cash Activity' and more specifically the 'Cash difference' line item.  We want the Shift Review to calculate the tipout or deposit ('Cash difference') for individuals based on the total amount of cash collected.    Currently, the 'cash on hand' number is what is used to balance against CC tips collected.  'Cash on hand' however; doesn't include any auto-gratuities paid by cash.   I've searched the UI for settings that control 'cash on hand' but can't find what I need.  Anyone know what button to press, slider to activate, or support tech to discuss this with?

auto_grat_3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
17 REPLIES 17

tips - cash = cash difference.    that's what we want it to do. 

The software does:  tips - 'cash on hand' = cash difference.   It leaves our managers doing the work that the software was designed to do.  If the software would consider auto-gratuity paid in cash - as part of their bank of cash collected, then it would alleviate the problem.  It should be itemized - but it needs to both be itemized and also considered cash collected.  

Thank your for the information and explanation. Looks like it's a issue with the "cash on hand" and gratuity when an employee does their shift review. I'm sorry I am no help to this issue you have. But I believe @rcmck might be able to provide some insight on this.

I don't do a lot of mandatory gratuity so I am not too familiar with it, but I am not sure I understand their issue. Looks to be working as it should, the gratuity is not a tip its a fee so it is added to the total of cash payments, and cash on hand is the cash payments minus the cash gratuity since it is assigned to the employee and not the restaurant. 

To rcmck,

The 'Cash Difference' the software calculates is -$166.44.   It should be -$130.04.  We want this math:

[('Credit non-cash tips' + 'credit/non cash gratuity') - 'Total cash payments'] = Expected tipout or Deposit.

the software does this:

[('Credit non-cash tips' + 'credit/non cash gratuity'-cash gratuity) - 'Total cash payments' ] = Expected tipout or Deposit.

The cash the server collected as an auto gratuity is itemized, but the math presented in the software is different than the math we expect.  We expect that the cash she was given $244.30 (the total amount of cash).  The amount of cash collected by the server doesn't vanish to $207.90 because the software says it does - it doesn't.  She was given a total amount of cash of $244.30.  

The Auto-Grat is only applied 'as it states on our menu' for large parties.  

How do you pay out tips? Payroll or at end of shift?