Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chargeback

someone disputed a transaction.  I sent in their signed cc copy with the itemized bill.  I also have her being here on camera irate about our prices when I went over the prices with her.  she said she was taking it from my tip which you can see there was zero tip on the check.  how do I know if this goes through. it is theft

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

How did this work out for you? I recently had some chargebacks that I challenged with signed receipts and lost with Toast being unable to give me any reasoning as to why.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

How did this work out for you? I recently had some chargebacks that I challenged with signed receipts and lost with Toast being unable to give me any reasoning as to why.

Toast doesn't fight for you, they profit $15 each time. They are very rarely gonna fight the companies. We've lost $1,000's, its just part of the business.

Actually we shouldn't let it be "part of the business" and request Toast tab to do something about it or we will be forced to turn off online ordering. All restaurant using toast tab should demand better CC verification for online orders as this is also affecting us at a total of $300-$400 per month. All chargebacks are lost and Toast does not want to be responsible for it unless we take action and turn off online ordering.

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone I go into more detail about much of this in the thread linked here-https://community.toasttab.com/t5/back-office-team/addressing-fraudulent-transactions-and-chargeback...

I wanted to offer some insight to anyone who views this thread in the future.
With Toast’s fraud prevention measures, our customer’s see chargebacks up to 3X less often when compared to the restaurant industry average.*

*Based on a third-party analysis of chargeback frequency across Visa payment card transactions in the U.S. restaurant industry segment, rolling 12 months’ data ending March 2024. Actual results may vary and depend on the unique characteristics of each business.

If you are curious about why a chargeback was lost, there is a code that explains the reason. The link below lists the codes and what they mean.
Get Help with Chargebacks

This link may also be helpful for learning more about chargebacks and its process. 
Dispute Chargebacks in Toast Web

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast