cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure a printer to print select items only

T3ddy_Fre5h
Soup II

Hello Toast community,

Our fast casual location will at slower times reduce the number of kds prep stations operating. During those times station 1 will be unattended and station 2 will will display both stations by selecting; device setup>prep stations>station 1). The issue is station 1 has a printer that prints all fulfilled items and station 2 has a printer but does not need to print any items except for when it also displays station 1 during slower times. How can I configure station 2 so that it will only print what I want it to, right now it prints everything which is a waste of labels?

6 REPLIES 6

How is station one printing the tickets? Is it set to auto print on fulfill or is that prep station configured to always print tickets? Also can you clarify this, was that a typo? Did you mean when it displays station 1? "station 2 has a printer but does not need to print any items except for when it also displays station 2 during slower times"

Good catch, I edited it to read station 1. Let me try and add more context. This is a Mexican inspired fast casual restaurant. Station 1 is responsible for all burritos/bowls and station 2 is responsible for tacos/fries/quesadillas. We have label printers attached to both KDS. We only need labels for the burritos/bowls. The printer on station 2 is only there to print labels for burritos/bowls when we have station 1 shut down(during slow periods). We currently have it configured so that both station 1 and 2 "Always Print Tickets". This causes station 2 to print everything unnecessarily.

I don't see the setting for "Auto-print Fulfilled Tickets" in the "Prep Station" settings or the "Printers and Cash Drawers" settings. 

Ok thanks, so station 2 you only want to print from KDS on demand, station one should print its tickets always but when not in use print them always at station 2? I think I would set up prep station 1 to always print, and set prep station 2 to not always print. Set the backup printer for station 1's printer to be the printer at Station 2, then just simply turn off printer at station 1 when you are not using that station, and those tickets will reroute to it's backup. Disregard auto-print on fulfill, that is a device setting, I was just trying to understand the setup. 

Thank you for the help, this sounds like the right fix but I am struggling to find the right settings. How do I set a back up printer?