Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Modifier Pricing

Hey all!

Looking for a quick answer on this. I am trying to set default modifiers for food items by overriding the default modifier section for each modifier group. Each modifier has different pricing (i.e bacon costs X, turkey costs Y, and crab dip costs Z) all in the same modifier group. How do I make it so that default modifiers in this group do not have a cost?

example: Turkey Jack Sandwich has Turkey, Pepperjack, Egg, and Ranch by default. The base price is $7 and I don't want the default modifiers to increase this price but by making them default, its adding nearly $5 on top of the $7.

SOS! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rcmck
Dessert I

I think the closest you will get to that is substitution pricing, it is in limited release though, would probably need to request access to it. https://doc.toasttab.com/doc/platformguide/adminPricingModifierOptions.html#adminUsingSubstitutionPr... there is another limited release feature under that called allow default modifiers to charge their modifier price, not sure if that is separate or part of substitution pricing 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sdaniel
Community Ambassador

Hey @maddoxpollock44!

I want to start off by welcoming you to the Toast Community! 

When you are building the default modifiers, are you using existing modifiers that have a price attached to it? We typically don' use default modifiers, but I have explored the settings recently when building entree side  default modifiers. 

My suggestion for your Turkey Sandwich is to create a modifier group and manually create modifiers that have a $0 price. This will then ensure that the base price is only $7. The other option would be to adjust the pricing to "No Charge" if you're using existing modifiers that have a price associated with it. 

Screenshot 2024-09-03 090855.png

• No charge: The modifiers in the modifier group are free of charge.

• All modifiers share the same price: Adds the Modifier Group Pricing section to the page, where you can specify a group-level price for the modifiers.

• Each modifier has a unique price: Adds the Price column to the Modifiers grid, where you can specify a constant, fixed price for each modifier in the group. This price becomes the base price of the modifier's underlying item reference.

Here is an article with full details of modifier pricing: Pricing modifiers - - Platform guide (toasttab.com)

I hope this helps! 🙂

Sayra Daniel, Community Ambassador
Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii

rcmck
Dessert I

I think the closest you will get to that is substitution pricing, it is in limited release though, would probably need to request access to it. https://doc.toasttab.com/doc/platformguide/adminPricingModifierOptions.html#adminUsingSubstitutionPr... there is another limited release feature under that called allow default modifiers to charge their modifier price, not sure if that is separate or part of substitution pricing 

I think you're right on this. I didn't realize it was a limited release! I spent hours looking for how to use substitution pricing and could never find it! Thank you