Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Online Menu

I have products that I only offer to one set of customers. Is there a way to create an online menu that is hidden, and only accessible if you have the URL that is associated with that menu?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Is this for catering or something similar? The ability to have an online ordering catering site is coming with the catering and events add-on. Other than that there is no way to get another online ordering link without basically adding an entire other location. https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Can-I-create-a-second-Toast-Online-Ordering-page-URL 

View solution in original post

pizzashop
Community Ambassador

Natively, this isn’t possible, but a number of 3rd party integrations support this. A lot of the QR code ordering integrations do it - We use BBot for this exact thing to have specific menus and items for specific situations and audiences. 

I’m not entirely sure, but it’s also possible toast’s Mobile QR Code ordering may do this too, but I don’t have this feature and not 100% sure. It would also only work for dine-in

Jacob Knobel, Co-Owner
Pleasure Pizza Downtown

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Limiting menu items to certain groups would be great.  We sell lunches to SCHOOLS at a very discounted price. We cannot afford to pay for a CATERING module, let alone another instance of TOAST.  Software wise, this could be accomplished if in the VISIBILITY section we had the ability to add to the list.  Instead of just Visible to  POS,  Kiosk, Toast Online Ordering and Customer Invoices  we need the ability to add groups.

pizzashop
Community Ambassador

Natively, this isn’t possible, but a number of 3rd party integrations support this. A lot of the QR code ordering integrations do it - We use BBot for this exact thing to have specific menus and items for specific situations and audiences. 

I’m not entirely sure, but it’s also possible toast’s Mobile QR Code ordering may do this too, but I don’t have this feature and not 100% sure. It would also only work for dine-in

Jacob Knobel, Co-Owner
Pleasure Pizza Downtown

Jacob,

Could you please be more specific.   Can you provide contact info for the companies that can do this?

Thank you.

Jay Hirschhorn

Kosher Express

Fair Lawn, NJ 07410

We use BBot at our shop for this. (You can see https://beach.pleasure.pizza as an example of a limited menu we use for a beachside pizza delivery program we offer)

https://get.doordash.com/en-us/products/bbot

note that it’s not toast ordering, and won’t really work for regular deliveries. But, you can add as many links as you want and customize the menu for each. Decent integration with Toast, though some weirdness two given they are separate systems. It’s designed for table side QR code ordering, but you can make it work for whatever you need. 

Jacob Knobel, Co-Owner
Pleasure Pizza Downtown

Thinking out loud. There is a way to do something like what you are asking. In the item setup, you could check the appropriate availability boxes and make it for online only or in-store only. Then use email marketing or similar to promote secret menu items. For instance, we have an item called the Evil Twist and you can only order if it you know what its called. Its only visible on the POS. We sell it word of mouth but a little marketing goes along ways. 

Screen Shot 2024-09-24 at 8.31.13 PM.png