cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calibrate the Toast TLP400 printer?

Hello,

We are using the Toast TLP400 label printer for the first time.  However, after each print it feeds about a foot of the roll after, wasting a bunch of label paper.  I also have to hit the feed button each time as it has the blinking red light on the error indicator each time it prints something.  
How do I set the calibration options to get it to feed the paper properly without erroring out?  There was no documentation included with the printer other than a small card on how to identify the printer in Toast.
I can't locate any documentation on calibrating the printer.

9 REPLIES 9

josh212
Community Ambassador

josh212_0-1680066149793.png

Under Kitchen >UI Options 

Scroll to header and footer spacing and set accourdingly

Okay, so this is what we discovered.  Toast TLP400 printers ONLY support 3x3 peel off labels media, they don't support standard thermal paper or liner less sticky backed paper (which is what we were planning on using).
With Toast support help we did get the item labels printing properly.  However, we had a hard time sourcing the 3x3 labels.  Most vendors were two to three weeks out on shipping them.  

So luckily my Toast Rep said I could ship back the TLP400 and we instead purchased the Epson L90 printers that DO support the liner-less sticky backed media...a much better solution (and more cost effective and available) for us.
We have one L90 printer at the end of the kitchen line that prints Item tickets for grilled items, One on the front line that prints item tickets for our Salads and Soups and one that prints a consolidated Expo Ticket of sticking to the bags for our Carry Out and 3rd Party delivery orders.  It was a bit of work but we have it all working as needed now.
I just wanted to update everyone on how we resolved it.

@coneybri 

BETCKEY - 3" x 3" Multipurpose & Large Square Labels Compatible with Zebra & Rollo Label Printer,Premium Adhesive & Perforated [10 Rolls, 5000 Labels] https://a.co/d/6UVDD38

not sure if this helps but they are on prime next day 

Thanks Josh...that's a good find...and a good price.  Saved for future reference on my Amazon list.

No problem it showed prime same day for me so you should get them quick