Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Sales by Day Part

Cosmos
Soup III

I do not believe Toast accurately reports sales per service / day part data.  Recently I have started to look at our sales by time and do not agree with how Toast is reporting them.

Our service hours are the following:
Lunch 12pm-4pm
Happy Hour 4pm-8pm
Dinner 8pm-11pm
Late Night 11pm-2am

In an example- 
Customer arrives and the check is started at 3:58pm
The first sales item is sent at 3:59pm for $3.75
The next items are not entered until 4:10pm and in total the check is open for 3 1/2 hours.  The check total is $480.50 and Toast reports all $480.50 sales in the Lunch service day part.  This is a complete inaccurate representation of sales by service day part AND also affects labor cost reporting.

To be accurate- the reporting should place $3.75 in Lunch and $476.75 in Happy Hour.   Does anyone else have this issue?  I have contacted support and was told they would "put in the feature request".  I find it hard to believe requesting accurate sales data needs to be a "feature request".

11 REPLIES 11

josh212
Community Ambassador

Checks are calculated based on when they open as that is the shift they end up I believe, however if you look at sales by the hour they will be reported correctly

Yes, that is correct- the sales end up in the time frame the check was opened.  This is an inaccurate representation of sales as fully explained in my original post.  The sales by hour are not reported correctly.

Which report do are you referring to?

The most obvious is Sales Summary.  Any report linking time and sales is not accurate.