cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a plan for this KDS improvement or something similar?

We have a pizza place and make a lot of pizzas, I would like to see something noticeable, like perhaps the background color change on the KDS if there are any changes from the standard pizza in the system.  I would love for our kitchen staff to read every ticket and be accurate on pizza making, but sometimes they make mistakes and I think this would help reduce those mistakes.  

Let's take for example a supreme pizza, if nothing is changed from the standard on the order nothing changes on the KDS, I think the typical background color is white.  But if the customer makes any changes at all to the menu item, like perhaps removing the olives, then the background colors behind the wording make a noticeable change, like to black.   When the item is fulfilled at the expeditor, then the black background can convert back to the green color that we see currently. 

Is something like this possible or in the works? 

7 REPLIES 7

I would look for solutions that you could implement now to reduce mistakes. Do you use default modifiers? If you do you can set them to be black unless they are changed from the default, or not print unless they are changed. Also use the kitchen name and KDS colors to make your modifiers stand out with background colors and capital letters or special characters like ** or !! before the kitchen name.

@Diversion_Pizza You can set different modifier colors

Only Show defaults when removed (if you dont use defaults I can show you)

josh212
Community Ambassador

@Diversion_Pizza a lot is in the works ask away or dm me