Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local printing

I need to be able to print orders for wine bottles to the printer assigned to the terminal. 

14 REPLIES 14

Theoretically, item routing will work if
1) we assign the terminal printer as a prep station and
2) create a ghost prep station with no ticket printer.
3) set items, that needs to be reroute to terminal printer, to print out from the ghost prep station.
4) Reroutes tickets by dining option from ghost station to terminal

I'm not sure if I miss anything. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm curious about how revenue center affects ticket printing. If you don't mind to share your tricks.

This makes sense. However, how can this be configured if I have 4 terminals on the floor?

On the top of my head, the only workaround would be using item modifier to identify which printer the ticket is going to. You will also need to set all 4 of your terminal printers as a prep station. 

For example:

1) first create a menu item, let’s call, Chardonnay.
2) Point “Chardonnay” to a ghost printer so it doesn’t print out a ticket.
3) Under Chardonnay, create a mod group, called terminal (or whichever name works better for you)
4) under the mod group, we will create 4 modifiers that points to each terminal printer with corresponding name something  like Btl-char T1 so staff can tell what the item is and which printer the ticket will be printed out at. 

We actually don’t need to use item routing because we can set where the item ticket is going to just under the item. 

I just set this up myself for fun and it worked perfectly, had no idea a menu item with no prep station would still go to a prep station if a selected modifier was assigned one. (makes sense now that I think about it) Now I need to find an reason to use this, cool workaround!  

Sorry I meant to say service areas, the other option to reroute by. I don't see how they will be able to get it routed to a different printer depending on which of the four terminals it is sent from without having multiple dining options or service areas.