Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing ticket numbers throughout the day

I was a former Clover user and switched to Toast a little over a year ago, the first thing I noticed was that we were missing ticket numbers, we would rarely start with ticket number 1, never could get a satisfactory answer from Toast and was wondering if anyone else noticed that this happens.  On an average we are missing about 15 tickets per day, it makes no sense to me since Clover recorded all ticket numbers and even ticket numbers that were removed and in Toast a normal opening in the past 2 weeks, we start with order 5, what happened to order 1-4. The answer I received from Toast was that orders may have been voided and/or cancelled. But if no orders were placed and/or taken "what causes order numbers to be missing"

Background: with Clover the staff would remove all items from a ticket (cash tickets) and reuse those ticket numbers throughout the day. You could tell by the time stamp of the ticket and the removed items each day. So, that is why I am concerned about about missing tickets. Good news is, that staff is no longer with the business, and I trust my current staff completely. thanks for any input anyone has.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

This article explains all the reasons that this may be happening! 
Get Help with Missing Check Numbers

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Not normal, but I have also noticed this, hasn't occurred enough or caused any issues so I've just ignored for now, assume it's a bug, good chance they are already well aware of it. 

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

This article explains all the reasons that this may be happening! 
Get Help with Missing Check Numbers

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast