cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Order & Pay Item Routing

Sdaniel
Community Ambassador

Hello,

I am looking for help with Mobile Order & Pay item routing. To give context, our style of service is slightly different than most. We have servers on the floor at all times, interacting with guests and placing orders through a Toast Go 2. Our servers never go into the kitchen, we set up KDS screens in various stations such a dine in expo, carryout expo and drink expo. We have employees in the back executing the production of drinks and running the food out to guests. Thus far, everything Toast offers has helped us achieve this style of service. The issue we are running into is with order & pay. We utilize order & pay for dine in purposes only. When the order & pay QR code is scanned, and an order is placed, all items are routed to the kitchen printer regardless of if it's an entree or a beverage. We want the beverages to route to our drink KDS/prep station. We spoke with our account rep, order & pay experts and no one seems to have a solution, and I am wondering if anyone has an idea or a workaround to this problem. Again, the issue is just beverages not routing properly, we don't want beverages printing at the kitchen printer since our cooks have no hand in the production of drinks. We have a drink station set up at each of our locations that consist of a drink KDS, and an employee producing the beverages and running them out to customers. 

Sayra Daniel, Community Ambassador
Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii
4 REPLIES 4

Are you using a separate menu for order and pay?

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sdaniel orders will route to the same printers or KDS your online orders are set to go to, so you could make a new menu for order and pay and route drinks where you need them to go; you might also be able to use printer item routing and set the entire restaurant to be a specific service area that you then use for Order and Pay, then route the drinks to a different printer based on that choice. More information is below! 

Ticket Routing & Filter Options

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Hello Rob,

Yes I do have a separate beverage menu for order & pay because of the issues we were having. We have also tried rocket routing. The last information I received from our rep is that there’s something embedded within the order & pay QR code that’s not allowing the beverages to route properly. When I use the order & pay beverage section on a Toast Go, and send a ticket the beverage routes to the proper KDS/ Prep station. The other issue we have is that we used Kiosks at two of our locations for carryout ONLY, so even if I make a separate menu for order & pay, the other menu will appear. Our menu is that same for 21 locations, and therefore targeted for all 21 locations. 

Sayra Daniel, Community Ambassador
Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii

@Sdaniel I see I'm going to reach out to you via DM's and make sure everyone that can help knows about these issues!

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast