Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toast Mobile Order and Pay QR Code Changing

Hello all,  I just spent a good chunk of money getting some mobile order and pay menus printed to have a nice concise layout similar to our menu and tested the same QR code that has worked for the last 3 days and now suddenly that QR code does not work anymore and another has been assigned to the toast mobile order and pay menu.  Has anyone had this happen and how on earth can I get back the older QR code to sync to those menus so I don't have to start over again and pay money for a reprint of menus and QR code?  

Help this is super frustrating and yet another negative for Toast!  How can I upload the correct QR code for those specific menus as I still have the downloaded code from Toast which now doesn't work. 

4 REPLIES 4

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have made any changes to your menu, they will be reflected in the Mobile Order & Pay. Many locations create a separate menu just for order and pay.

Get Started With Toast Mobile Order & Pay
Toast Mobile Order & Pay® FAQ

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

nbunda
Community Ambassador

Have you changed your table layout/naming at all, or modified your service areas? Thats the only thing I can think of that would re-assign the QR codes the way you described.

Nick Bunda, Community Ambassador
Anderson's Frozen Custard
Buffalo, NY

Sdaniel
Community Ambassador

Hey @Ebauer032377!

We use order & pay at 3 of our locations however we have not encountered this issue yet. We did however download QR codes for digital menu & pay, and once our marketing department was working on the creation of the cards, they noticed some of the QR codes were giving errors. Well, it turned out that a few of our locations made changes to their table layout and removed some tables which caused this glitch. Our issue was similar to what @nbunda posted in his response. I would also check to see if the menu visibility is on for the menu you want to appear. 

Sayra Daniel, Community Ambassador
Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii

Thanks Everyone,  I did make a simple change to the table layout with just a single name change on a table and this is what caused the QR code to change.  Seems like a weird thing that would cause that and it would be really nice if there would be a way to upload a QR code so if these things happen again they can be fixed vs having to reprint all menus.  I love the idea of order and pay but am finding out there are quite a few things Toast has missed that would be nice to have with the functionality such as allowing for other dining options to be associated vs just "Dine In" as well as the ability to use a different "server" for order and pay to track tipping in a separate tip pool etc.  We use it a bit differently as we have a neighbor bar that we post the menu in which allows us to take payment and then deliver on foot easily, I don't think there is a better way to do this outside of mobile order and pay as we want to send text notification when we are on our way.