Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple servers; single check

THG
Soup II

How do I set up a tip pool for a single party attended by more than one server?

In the case at hand, it was about 20 guests ordering drinks and apps with a single payer and multiple servers.  These servers were attending to other guests at the same time/same shift; I just want to pool from this single check.

For this it would be fine if I could simply apply half to the tip to each of the two servers.  But, I don't know how to "move" tips.

8 REPLIES 8

Did anyone ever reach out to you or respond. This is a constant issue for me with having lots of big parties. 

No one has reached out to me.  I have not tried the hep line, figured I'd check here first.

Gotcha; the Toast system is not the most effective in managing tips beyond the Toast Tips Manager. Many restaurants have their own way of pooling tips, which is separate from Toast. It is worth noting that to utilize the Toast Tips Manager, you also need to have the Toast Payroll.

This article will explain how to complete the tip pooling process - Pool Tips and Tipping Out 
Here are a few more articles that may be helpful -  Pooling Tips with Other Employees / Common Tip Policies

If you want to learn more about Toast Tips Manger check out this link - Getting Started with Toast Tips Manager: How to Pool & Share Tips

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

I'm using Tips Manager and Toast Payroll.  I will dive into the articles in a moment, but it there a way for me to re-assign a tip from the backend?  Or, do I just have to wait until payroll and adjust the tips at that time?