Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW POS EXPERIENCE - Bluestacks and Test Mode

Cheri
Soup II

We have a site that we use as a test site in Toast. I am a remote worker and I set up menus and help problem solve issues before reporting the issues to Toast. Being able to use a test site allows me to preview my work and potentially prevent issues before they happen. I was playing around with the New POS Experience today in our test location and noticed that I cannot select a tender or enter the amount to be tendered at all anymore when I go to cash out an order. It just shows me the balance due. Before we could use different tenders, just not credit cards in test mode. Can we please have the ability to close out checks to tenders (aside from credit cards) when in test under the New POS Experience?

What it looks like in legacy

Cheri_0-1696610366307.png

What it looks like in New POS Experience

Cheri_2-1696610446382.png

Thanks,

Cheri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rcmck
Dessert I

I had no issues with using any payments in test mode. I would check out this post about correcting the display issues with bluesstacks and new ui and see if they appear after that. https://community.toasttab.com/t5/back-office-team/bluestacks-amp-new-pos-display-issues/m-p/5406#M8... 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Looks like that would still be a no:

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 2.22.12 PM.png

As far as I know they stopped supporting it, might be able to find an older version around. Either way it will only support intel based macs. 

Hello, I am doing the same thing for a local restaurant group here and no one is able to help me remote log in the front of house POS.  Like....zero.  Support suggested I go pick up the hardware, but that is not logical Any advice you have would be SUPER helpful and save me two hours a day traveling to the office. PLEASE and Thank you!

What issue are you having? 

I downloaded Blue stack but it looked like a gaming system, and I just couldn't get past that.  I did use the link provided but I still didn't get very far.  The Group I am working for hasn't been able to provide much direction for this, unfortunately. 

That is the only remote option that I know of at this point.

Thank you!