Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW POS EXPERIENCE - Bluestacks and Test Mode

Cheri
Soup II

We have a site that we use as a test site in Toast. I am a remote worker and I set up menus and help problem solve issues before reporting the issues to Toast. Being able to use a test site allows me to preview my work and potentially prevent issues before they happen. I was playing around with the New POS Experience today in our test location and noticed that I cannot select a tender or enter the amount to be tendered at all anymore when I go to cash out an order. It just shows me the balance due. Before we could use different tenders, just not credit cards in test mode. Can we please have the ability to close out checks to tenders (aside from credit cards) when in test under the New POS Experience?

What it looks like in legacy

Cheri_0-1696610366307.png

What it looks like in New POS Experience

Cheri_2-1696610446382.png

Thanks,

Cheri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rcmck
Dessert I

I had no issues with using any payments in test mode. I would check out this post about correcting the display issues with bluesstacks and new ui and see if they appear after that. https://community.toasttab.com/t5/back-office-team/bluestacks-amp-new-pos-display-issues/m-p/5406#M8... 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

rcmck
Dessert I

I had no issues with using any payments in test mode. I would check out this post about correcting the display issues with bluesstacks and new ui and see if they appear after that. https://community.toasttab.com/t5/back-office-team/bluestacks-amp-new-pos-display-issues/m-p/5406#M8... 

Thank you so much! I looked through but didn't see that gem of advice! It worked!

Cheri, this is irrelevant to your original post but I am also a remote contractor for a restaurant group. We have 10 locations and I've asked about a test site to roll out changes to first and troubleshoot other issues. Were you able to setup a test site at no cost or does Toast charge for it? 

Erin
Salad I

Is bluestacks actually working for people on Mac again??