cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Orders & Third-Party Orders Not Printing

Sdaniel
Community Ambassador

Hi!

Online orders and third-party orders are not printing in the kitchen; however, they do appear on the KDS. All the settings are accurate. We are using the recommended auto firing device. This issue started happening on a Sunday and since then, we have not been able to reach a resolution. I have spoken with Toast customer care and unfortunately nothing came of that. 

Any idea as to what could be causing this? 

Sayra Daniel, Community Ambassador
Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii
12 REPLIES 12

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sdaniel Please check your online ordering settings and ensure that only one auto-fire device is listed. Additionally, confirm if you are using approval rules. If not, please set the approval mode to "send orders directly to kitchen" and save and publish the changes. Kindly let me know if this resolves the issue. If possible, could you please share a screenshot of your online ordering settings?

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Hi Rob,

Yes, we do have only 1 auto firing device assigned, that was one of the first settings I checked to verify that we didn't have multiple auto firing devices assigned as I know that will cause double printing issues. I've also tried assigning a different auto firing device. As for the approval rules, all of our restaurants are set up to we have all of our locations set to "use rules" and not "send orders directly to kitchen". One thing to note, when the issue first came up, all orders were appearing under the pending screen, and when management fired those tickets, the tickets still did not print. We are no lonScreenshot 2023-06-05 123208.pngger having issues with orders being stuck under the pending screen, orders are coming through as they should and while they appear on the KDS, the ticket is not printing in our kitchen. I assigned a backup printer to our kitchen printer, and the online ordering and third-party tickets will only print to the backup printer which is not located on the kitchen side. 

Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

Have you tried to set "Approval Mode" to "Send orders directly to kitchen" and see if it works? And did you add a new device or make a change to your configuration recently?

Hello, 

Yes, we did try "send orders directly to kitchen" and no we did not add a new device or change configurations from my knowledge. 

Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii