Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS Button Colors in New POS Experience

The new color palette is going to require a redesign for our coffee shop of each individual color-coded item. What I'm confused about is, if I pick colors in the back end from the standard color palette, how do I know how they will look on the POS in the new experience light mode or dark mode? It seems like there is a disconnect here, and now the only way I can see to designing my colors properly is to actually do it on the POS as a quick edit. Is there a plan for Toast to update the back end button color palette to match the front end? I could not find anything in the knowledge base. How are other people handling the color shift? One example for us is that we use brown for chocolate drinks, which gets changed in light mode to orange. 

Thanks for any help!

4 REPLIES 4

rcmck
Dessert I

If you use the classic menu editor it does show both colors.

button.png

Weird, I'm not seeing that color menu, but maybe I have to wait for the full update to happen? Right now we're running the in non-new experience, with the option to toggle over.

It will only appear when toggled over.

A comment about the new palette. Toast thinks this is somehow an improvement?

The new colors replace a very limited set of colors with a different limited set of colors. How difficult would it be to just add a color picker? The POS we used previous to Toast, while limited in some ways, had customizable buttons: background color, text color, text font & size. In that system, we set up our colors to match the drinks in our coffee shop. We try to do that with the original Toast colors, we shoehorned the limited color set to suit our needs. Not great, but we made it work. The new set is: worse.  And why in the world isn't the original color palette still available?

But really, just give us a color picker.