cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printers and prep stations

KT
Soup III

Happy Saturday!

I'm back requesting some direction....  We are building a 2nd well in our bar area.  I have already received the 2nd printer.  It's plugged in and named in Toast and working.  Here, each printer is assigned a specific prep station.  My question is.....  Can I have certain table/ areas of the dining room set to print at either the original well or our new 2nd well?  We want the front of our restaurant to print to the bar well we are currently using, but we want the Back of our restaurant to print at the New well to the new printer.  Is this possible in our set up?  We have printers assigned by the item that is being rung in, Not by the area it's coming from.  I hope that is clear.  Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

josh212
Community Ambassador

So there you would have to set up a second service area and have them route to the other well 

josh212_0-1677352485374.png

Make Sure you set the backup printer as the other well so either if your out of paper or something it goes to the other well

josh212_1-1677352898333.png

Also I recommend when you start making cuts and drop down bartenders that the well your closing shuts off their printer so all tickets get re-routed to the closer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

josh212
Community Ambassador

So there you would have to set up a second service area and have them route to the other well 

josh212_0-1677352485374.png

Make Sure you set the backup printer as the other well so either if your out of paper or something it goes to the other well

josh212_1-1677352898333.png

Also I recommend when you start making cuts and drop down bartenders that the well your closing shuts off their printer so all tickets get re-routed to the closer

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

We also have material on this as well!

Creating Service Areas and Table Setup - for help with setting up the second service

Ticket Routing & Filter Options - for printer routing 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Thank you!  I have it up and running.  I appreciate your help!