cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Consolidate Modifiers" UI Option doesn't retain pre-modifiers on printed tickets

nbunda
Community Ambassador

Consolidate Modifiers is a great option to have enabled for people who want double/triple the selected modifier (where duplicates are allowed), for example "2x Horseradish". The problem we've run into is that when combined with a pre-modifier, the printed kitchen ticket removes the pre-modifier and combines everything into one line. See this example:

IMG_2596.JPEG
IMG_2595.JPEG

For this order, the guest wants 1x Horseradish (ON the sandwich), and 1x Horseradish ON SIDE, the latter of which was entered using an ON SIDE pre-modifier. It appears perfectly in the POS and on screen (and if they ONLY want it on the side, then the pre-modifier prints perfectly as well), but for some reason, when the modifier is added both normally AND with a pre-modifier, the kitchen ticket consolidates them and removes the pre-modifier. Frustrating for servers and guests! Is this intended?

Nick Bunda, Community Ambassador
Anderson's Frozen Custard
Buffalo, NY
6 REPLIES 6

I wonder if you have consolidate modifiers on? Check under "Front of House>UI Options" scroll down to find consolidate modifiers and menu items. I have mine set to no as they don't serve a purpose yet for me to change that will help our kitchen out. 

Hey @Tracerland11, as I mentioned, that setting is enabled, and we need to keep it enabled for instances like 2x horseradish, 2x mayo, etc., but it doesn’t hold on to pre-modifiers when printing. It will just consolidate two modifiers on the kitchen ticket, even if one of those modifiers has a pre-modifier and shouldn’t be consolidated (It just discards the pre-modifier on the kitchen ticket). In the Terminal and KDS, everything displays correctly and the pre-modifiers are kept separate. This only affects the printed tickets.

@Rob seems like a bug? Maybe you can get this info in the right hands?

Buffalo, NY

Hey @nbunda, I reached out to my team about this but don't have an update yet. Do you happen to have any support cases about this? I can escalate it and then see if this is a red flag(bug) that needs to be fixed. 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

I don't have one open, but I can create one if you think that will get it looked at faster!

Buffalo, NY