Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-Out items going to a Specific Printer

So, our Salads are set to send to a specific printer in the kitchen for the Salad Prep Station.  That works great; however, when a customer wants to sub out---say french fries for a salad in one of our Sandwiches items  (where fries come with it), the salad does not go the Salad Prep station, only to the KDS for the cook station.  Is there a solution to this where the Salad prep station will get a copy of the salad sub out?  Thank you---this would be very helpful as we get a lot of requests for this (yet sometimes the cooks forget to inform the Salad prep station). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

If you are using "pre-mod", there is no way to change the prep station. In your case, I would suggest you create a separate item for substitution for salad and then override the prep station setting under that item.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

If you are using "pre-mod", there is no way to change the prep station. In your case, I would suggest you create a separate item for substitution for salad and then override the prep station setting under that item.

Thank you.  I think creating a separate item for "subbing a salad" is the best recourse.  Thanks for the quick response!