Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toast Training Mode?

Is there a way to put a tablet into a type of training mode for new hires? I have used POS systems before (Aloha, Micros) where you could use a training POS login number and practice ringing in the items, but then the items order wouldn't actually send. It would allow a new hire to get use to ringing in on the tablets and placing orders correctly, how to run their shift report and clock out at the end of each shift. without affecting sales at all. Does Toast Tablets offer this functionality as well? If not, it may be something to look into. 

6 REPLIES 6

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @dtearney  This would be a feature request. The closest option we have is Test mode; however, this puts the entire location into test mode, not just one terminal.

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

I'll second this feature request.  My kitchen staff shouldn't have to sort through training tickets on top of regular tickets.  If there was a way to allow staff to train on the terminal and/or handheld without sending items to printers or potentially counting in sales, that would be very helpful.

Is there potentially a way to get that and how would I put in a feature request? It just helps a ton with training when tickets can be practiced being rung and it not go into sales/affect numbers, or even send to the printers when sent in the test mode 

You would need to call Toast support to submit a feature request. However, just posting in the community is sufficient as we relay this feedback to other teams. 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast